Currently at STEM Santa Fe
We are preparing some awesome summer camps for 2021. Information coming out in early May. Stay tuned!
- STEM Pathways for Girls Monthly Workshops
If you have a daughter in 5th-8th grade and living in Northern New Mexico, this workshop is for her!Our next Pathways workshop will be held on Saturday, May 15th from 10:00 AM – 11:30 AM on Zoom. This month, we will explore Lemon Volcanos, Lava in a Cup, & More! Join us for some hands-on science experiments that you can do with common house-hold materials. Explore the effects of density, buoyant force, non-Newtonian fluids, and acid-base reactions first hand! Information on our presenters is below.
Dr. Christine M. Straut, PhD: Dr. Straut is a Senior Member of the Technical Staff in the Global Chemical and Biological Security (GCBS) Program at Sandia National Laboratories
Josey McBrayer: Josey is a 5th year chemical engineering Ph.D. graduate student at the University of Utah while doing her research at Sandia National Labs
Jessica Kopatz: Jess is a post-doc at Sandia National Laboratories. Both of her undergraduate and graduate degrees are in Materials Science and Engineering from Pennsylvania State University.
Please email Kara@stemsantafe.org if you have any questions
- Julia Robinson Mathematics Festival coming virtually to Carlos F. Vigil Middle School in Española on May 13, 2021.
- STEM Scaffold Santa Fe wrapping up its in-school programming at Milagro MS, El Camino Real Academy, and Desert Sage Academy.
WHAT ARE OUR SAFETY PROTOCOLS DURING COVID-19 PANDEMIC?
Every one of our students receives a mask and we follow CDC and NMDOH recommendations when delivering materials for our workshops.
Your financial support changes the lives of New Mexico youth through STEM education
Join us in investing in our youth in New Mexico
(1) Invest in our youth and a future in STEM by making a financial contribution. Your donation, big or small, is highly appreciated and very much needed.
Need help making your donation or have other questions, please call 505-606-GIVE or email GIVE@lanl.gov
(3) Ask your employer if they match your donation or volunteer hours, or if they would like to sponsor our programs. Business Sponsorships are available.
(4) Follow us on social media and give us testimonials about our programs. Create a Fundraiser on Facebook benefiting STEM Santa Fe.
(5) If you shop at Amazon, simply go to smile.amazon.com from the web browser on your computer or mobile device, and you can designate STEM Santa Fe as the nonprofit to receive 0.5% of the price of your eligible purchases through their program smile.amazon.com at no extra cost to you.
(6) Sign up for our monthly e-newsletter to get up-to-date information about our programs and other STEM news.
(7) Volunteer with us. We need experts in all manners of managing a non-profit as well as STEM mentors.
STEM Santa Fe is a STEM mentorship organization providing engaging hands-on programming with real-world context, at low to no cost to families. We are blessed with a network of STEM professionals who volunteer to serve as mentors and role models, Our biggest asset is our community of creative supporters, especially at a time when innovation is essential.
STEM Santa Fe envisions a world filled with analytical citizens exploring complex issues for the betterment of society.