STEM Santa Fe advocates for, develops and provides STEM programming, mentoring and resources for all youth, especially under-represented groups in STEM, to realize their potential and expand their opportunities in a dynamic world.
We currently have three initiatives. We count on you to get involved.
I. School-based STEM programming: Currently at El Camino Real Academy
On September 1, 2016 STEM Santa Fe started a 2-hour weekly STEM Afterschool Club at El Camino Real Academy (ECRA). 5th-8th grade students interested in (1) hands-on STEM activities and (2) competing in STEM competitions and challenges are welcome to join. STEM Santa Fe provides programming and mentorship as well as help with fundraising and logistics.
STEM Afterschool Club in the News, February 2017
II. Local STEM Events:
III. STEM Santa Fe Friends Network
STEM professionals volunteering to mentor and guide students.
1. Initiating out-of-school enrichment and mentoring programs in Science, Technology, Engineering and Math.
2. Mentoring students to attend and enter STEM competitions in the region.
3. Fostering teamwork, problem solving skills, and resilience to prepare the youth for the future job market demand.
4. Organizing STEM conferences and events to inspire students to remain engaged in school and in STEM fields.
5. Engaging under-represented groups in STEM, mainly girls, Hispanics and Native Americans to close the achievement gap
6. Partnering with local groups , schools and non-profits advocating for STEM education.
7. Building a network among students, teachers, STEM professionals, volunteers, and educators.
STEM Santa Fe Board of Directors
Lina Germann, Founder & Chief Executive Officer
STEM Santa Fe Executive Action Team
Kate Binns Gomez
Contact Lina Germann at: Lina.Germann@stemsantafe.org