STEM Santa Fe advocates for, develops and provides STEM programming, mentoring and resources for all youth, especially under-represented groups in STEM, to realize their potential and expand their opportunities in a dynamic world.
STEM Santa Fe envisions a world filled with analytical citizens exploring complex issues for the betterment of society.
1. Initiating out-of-school enrichment and mentoring programs in Science, Technology, Engineering and Math.
2. Mentoring students to attend and enter STEM competitions in the region.
3. Fostering teamwork, problem solving skills, and resilience to prepare the youth for the future job market demand.
4. Organizing STEM conferences and events to inspire students to remain engaged in school and in STEM fields.
5. Engaging under-represented groups in STEM, mainly girls, Hispanics and Native Americans to close the achievement gap
6. Partnering with local groups , schools and non-profits advocating for STEM education.
7. Building a supportive network among students, teachers, STEM professionals, volunteers, and educators for productive collaboration.
Lina Germann, Founder & Chief Executive Officer
Lina German, Founder and CEO of STEM Santa Fe, is a science educator, consultant and active community member. Since moving to Santa Fe in 1997, Lina has been a STEM advocate, serving K-14 students, spearheading large STEM events, leading afterschool STEM programs, teaching at Santa Fe Community College, and developing curriculum and conducting professional development for teachers. In addition, she worked in the technology industry as a chemist and a marketing specialist, providing product demonstrations, seminars, training, technical support, and customer relationship management. Lina is passionate about STEM education as a path for prosperity and diversity, especially for those under-represented in STEM careers. Her passion comes from being brought up in a modest family in Beirut, Lebanon and being first in her family to go to college. Many doors opened for her as she pursued her STEM education, eventually earning a Ph.D. in Physical Chemistry from Boston College while doing her research at Harvard University with Nobel Laureate Dudley R. Herschbach. Lina enjoys tackling new challenges, admiring Santa Fe’s sunsets and watching her two boys grow up.
Contact Lina Germann at: Lina.Germann@stemsantafe.org